Lanificio Studio. The “Lanificio Reale” is a XVI century building serving as monastery, connected with the S.Caterina a Formiello church. It has been also used as wool mill and as prison due to the proximity to the Vicaria court house. At the end of XIV century, it became a manufactoring company. Placed along the “mutazione aragonese” the studio is located near Porta Capuana (one of the most beautiful renaissance gates), designed by Giuliano da Maiano in 1484. It is surrounded by a colourful and lively commercial neighbourhood very close to the main railway station.
At the present time, the “Lanificio” is a hybrid structure that hosts the Laboratorio Architettura Nomade and a series of manufacturing and professional activities such as a photography lab, a silk-screen printing lab, an architecture studio, and an artist atelier. Within studio spaces there are full furnished didactic rooms, a faculty room equipped with wireless internet, and exhibition spaces. The main entrance is managed, during work hours, by a guard.